We are proud to have First Aid Warehouse as our first team first aid supplier. The company have very generously donated a well stocked first aid kit worth £50 and we are looking forward to working with them in future.
As you are probably aware, the MRHA is moving to an “open league” system next year – this means that 1st, 2nd, 3rd teams can now be in the same league. Next year’s leagues are available to view by following this link: http://www.mrha.co.uk/OpenStructure.asp
The SGM will be held this Saturday at 16:30 in the members lounge. The Dennis Wall Memorial Match is taking place beforehand at 14:30 (please contact Tony Milner if you want to play). Please try to make it if you can.
Agenda below and available as a word document by clicking here.
Stafford Cricket and Hockey Club
Hockey Section Annual General Meeting
Saturday 5th May 16:30
Members’ Lounge, Brian Westhead Pavilion, Riverway, Stafford, ST18 0AD
- Apologies for absence
- Minutes of previous SGM
- Treasurer’s report
- Election of Hockey Officers
- Fixtures Secretary*
- Team Secretary
- Welfare Officer
- 1st XI*
- 2nd XI
- 3rd XI
- 4th XI
- 5th XI
- Summer league captains
8. Four additional committee members*
Ken Wain memorial trophy
Any Other business
* Formal members of hockey committee. All other officers will be invited to committee meetings.
Please try to spare an hour to help distribute flyers to promote the beer festival. We are meeting at the club on Tuesday 17th April at 6pm. If you can’t make it but still want to help, feel free to pick up some flyers (if available) from the club to distribute in your own time.
Please try to support the beer festival this weekend and continue spreading the word to friends and family.
The Dennis Wall Memorial match (previously the President’s game) will take place on Saturday 5th May, 2:30pm at Beaconside. This will be followed by the Section General Meeting at 4:30pm at the clubhouse.
Please get in touch with Tony Milner (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you want to play.
This is a huge plea for some help! We have managed to secure a bag packing event at ASDA this Sunday 25th March 10am – 3pm.
This is to help fundraise for the new pitch and we are hoping for as much help as possible. Please try and make yourself free for an hour or two and come down to help wearing some Stafford HC kit.
If you’ve never really got involved with the club then this is a perfect opportunity to start. Every pair of hands helping out with fundraising honestly makes a huge difference and we need everyone on board to be able to accomplish our ambitious goal of building a pitch.
So… PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE come and help if you can. Carl Franklin and others have put in a huge amount of effort in fundraising so far – please support them and celebrate the end of the season with this fun, family event.
Just a reminder that the rearranged club AGM is tonight, 7.30pm at the club.
Tonight’s AGM has been postponed due to the adverse weather conditions. The new meeting date is Thursday 15th March, 7.30pm.
This is a reminder that the whole club AGM is tomorrow night, Thursday 1st March at 7.30pm, in the clubhouse. This is a good opportunity to get to grips with the running of the club, to understand the finances, and to have a say in the club’s vision and strategy moving forwards.
Hope to see you there
Secretary, Hockey Section
Stafford Cricket & Hockey Club
Due to a frozen pitch, there will be no junior or senior training tonight, 27th February.
We have had to cancel training from 8-9pm tonight as the pitch is freezing over and will be unplayable by 8pm.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
- If you would like a club tie, please can you email Tony Milner (email@example.com). They will be between £8 and £12 depending on how many are ordered. They are dark green with the club emblem embroidered.
- Stafford HC (Men’s) has been awarded Sport England’s Clubmark accreditation. Clubmark recognises that the club operates to a set of core criteria consistent with good practices to ensure that we can deliver quality hockey in sustainable and vibrant club environment.
- Midlands clubs have voted to adopt an open leagues system from next season. This means that the current league structure to a more fluid system that allows 1st, 2nd, 3rd teams etc… to play in the same leagues according to ability. It is hoped that this will make every week a competitive game, prevent blank fixtures, and prevent smaller clubs folding, bringing the Midlands into line with the rest of the country.
We are still one of the chosen good causes for ASDA and Tesco so please can everyone do their best to support the club’s fundraising when shopping – grab some tokens and put them in our box. Please encourage all your friends and family to do the same.
Despite the cold weather, Rob has inspected the pitch at 17:30 and it is still safe for hockey. Training will therefore start as usual at 7pm. Please ensure you / your child brings warm layers.
Training for the entire club will start this Tuesday 2nd January normal time:
Junior training: 7-8pm
1s, 2s, and GKs: 7-9pm
Club training: 8-9pm
Ladies training is also on on Wednesday.
Sunday junior training is starting from 7th January indoors at Beaconside – 10am-12pm.
Happy new year to you all!
Happy New Year in advance of next week. 2018 is going to be pivotal year for the club and our quest for a new pitch at Riverway. Your undivided support is going to be crucial and we are lucky enough to have been chosen by Asda for their green token scheme. If you are doing your supermarket shop, please use Asda in town. You will be given some green tokens at the checkout and then please just drop them into the Stafford HC box on the way out – simple!
The scheme will be running throughout January.
We are also planning a charity bag pack at Asda in January and will be asking you for your support of this in due course.
The Hockey Committee & Pitch Fundraising Committee
We have Beaconside booked from 7-9pm tomorrow night, Tuesday 19th December for a whole club training session / game. Everyone is welcome, adults, juniors, parents etc…
Christmas clothing essential!
Happy Christmas and see you there.
READ THIS BEFORE YOU DO YOUR CHRISTMAS SHOPPING OR MAKE ANY BIG PURCHASES.
The club is now registered as a cause on www.easyfundraising.org.uk, a website that works with retailers to support good causes through the donation of a percentage of sales or a fixed fee per purchase to your nominated good cause. The retailers involved are wide-ranging including Amazon and John Lewis as well as companies selling holidays, flights, train tickets, insurance and foreign currency.
This does not cost you anything and your financial information is not used by the site or sold on to other companies.
Here are the simple steps that you need to take to start effortlessly raising funds for the club:
- Go to www.easyfundraising.org.uk
- Search for “Stafford Men’s Hockey Club” (or click here)
- Click “Join Us”
- Create a personal account using your email address and a password.
- Every time you want to buy something online, log in to your account and then search for the retailer through easyfundraising. If the retailer is listed, click on them and this will take you to the website as normal. Because you went to the retailer’s website through easyfundraising, your purchase will be recorded.
- Buy whatever you were going to buy as normal.
- You will receive an email the next day to confirm that your purchase has lead to a donation.
- Tell all your friends and family to do the same!
You can also install the donation reminder in your browser which will cause a pop-up window to appear at times when you are on retailers’ websites to remind you to go through easyfundraising.
Similarly there are phone apps available on iPhone and Android through AppStore and GooglePlay.