This site is operated by the Stafford Hockey Club (SHC). This Privacy Statement outlines the way in which SHC gathers and uses information relating to you, the user of the SHC site (“you”).By using this site, you consent to the use (including transfer) of information as described below.
2. What information do we collect?
We collect the following information from visitors to our website:
- Information such as IP addresses and information relating to what pages have been viewed (e.g. using cookies as described further below)
- Information volunteered by you (e.g. via online or offline registration forms), such as contact details, email address, whether you have chosen to receive future communications from SHC
- Information relating to membership card transactions
3. How do we use your information?
We use the information we collect on the website to help us understand how the website is being used and to allow us to communicate with you. Such information will enable us to communicate with you on any matter relating to SHC, including the provision by us or selected third parties of relevant information, goods and/or services in which we think you may be interested unless you have chosen not to receive such material. Information may be transferred to third parties and internationally (including to countries without data protection laws) for the foregoing purposes.
You can (subject to payment of an appropriate fee) request a copy of information held about you at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. In the event that the operations of SHC are transferred to or integrated with another operation, your details may be disclosed to our advisors and transferee of the operations of the SHC.
4. How do we use your personal information?
SHC may use your personal information, such as your name and contact details, if you choose to supply it, for the following purposes:
- to perform the services that you have requested, which may involve contacting you by post or by email
- to make parts of the website easier to use by not making you enter your personal information more than once;
- for the detection of fraud and for market research purposes;
- to perform services involved in the running on a hockey club; and
- for other reasonable purposes, always acting within the limits of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
6. Internet Security
SHC is required to ensure that personal data processed by it is subject to appropriate security. Although we will meet this requirement, we cannot accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system which may occur whilst using material derived from this website. As best practice, we also strongly recommend that you regularly run an anti-virus programme on all material downloaded from the Internet.
7. Updating your information and opting out
If any of the information that you have provided to us changes, for example, if you change your e-mail address or name or if you wish to cancel your registration, please let us know the correct details by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. All email communications from SHC will include an unsubscribe facility.
8. Other web sites
10. How can you contact SHC?