Kit Update

Good News!

We’re pleased to confirm that all the playing kit from the first kit order has arrived in the UK, been processed by Tag and been collected from their warehouse.

You can collect your kit from the club on Wednesday 2nd December between 7pm – 9:30pm.

Once plans have been confirmed for Saturday, we’ll update you on when kit can be collected over the weekend.

The off-field kit (hoodies, 1/4 zip tops, jackets etc) are still in transit. We’ll advise when this will be available for collection when it arrives in the UK.

Tier 3 & Returning to Hockey

As I’m sure you will all be aware, it was announced by the Government last week that Staffordshire will enter Tier 3 once lockdown finishes on Wednesday.

Unfortunately for us this means that the clubhouse will have to remain closed.

In terms of a return to hockey, there is slightly more positive news. England Hockey are still awaiting clarification from the Government on a few outstanding queries however they have confirmed that clubs within Tier 3 are permitted to hold training sessions.

As such ladies training will resume on Wednesday 2nd December, men’s training will restart on Tuesday 8th December and the Junior Academy Training will return on Monday 14th December.

In terms of league hockey, MRHA (Midlands Men’s League) have confirmed there will be NO men’s league matches in December. All December and November fixtures will be marked as cancelled which means they will not be rearranged.

Unfortunately we are still awaiting confirmation from the Staffordshire Ladies League as to their plans.

Being in Tier 3 we are permitted to play intra club matches and friendlies against local teams within our Tier 3 area. Once the updated guidance is released from England Hockey that outlines how we can return to play safely, we’ll be in touch to let you know the plans.

When we do return to hockey, one change will be that in order to comply with Beacon Sport & Fitness’s updated policies, unfortunately no spectators will be permitted inside the Astro cage.

We’ll keep you posted in the next few days when the relevant policies are released so please make sure you keep an eye on our updates on social media!

As I’m sure you will appreciate the situation is changing very quickly therefore please bear with us while we gather all the relevant information.

Fireworks Night Cancelled


On Sunday 27th October Stafford suffered from some severe flooding. Stafford Cricket & Hockey Club, the venue for the Family Fireworks Night, was hit badly with our clubhouse, car park and grass pitches all being flooded in over 1ft of water.

This has caused a significant amount of damage meaning the clubhouse is likely to remain closed until at least the new year whilst repairs are undertaken.

Whilst the overall water level has dropped, a significant amount of standing water remains in the car park and on the grass pitches where the fireworks event was due to take place.

With the club house being closed and with more rainfall forecast between now and Sunday evening, it is with great regret that we have taken the decision to cancel the event.

Many thanks for your understanding

We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause